How to Apply
Students interested in applying for entrance to the MD/MPH Program at SUNY Upstate Medical University will need to have completed all of the requirements for admission to the College of Medicine as outlined in the admissions package. Prospective applicants will submit their AMCAS application indicating the combined MD/MPH degree option and follow the regular AMCAS application process outlined on the College of Medicine admissions homepage located at the following link: http://www.upstate.edu/com/admissions/index.php
Students should submit their application prior to planning for the next year of their MD Program
Once selected for an interview, applicants will be asked to complete a supplemental application with an MPH essay and 2 additional letters of recommendations from people familiar with their public health interest.
- Deadline to apply to AMCAS: October 15th
- Deadline for a complete application: December 1st
- Deadline for current MD students who wish to apply: April 30th
Current Upstate MD students who wish to apply to the MD/MPH program should follow these instructions:
- Go to http://www.upstate.edu/banner-apply
- Once logged in, click on NEW Under "For Current Upstate Students Only:" you will find "MD/MPH Internal"
- Will need a screen shot of your current Upstate transcript/grades from MyUpstate sent to email@example.com
- Two Letters of Recommendation sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the admissions office at: SUNY Upstate, 766 Irving Avenue, Syracuse, NY 13210, Attn: Student Admissions
- Public Health Essay: Choose and describe a public health issue/problem in which you have an interest and present at least one possible approach to addressing that issue/problem. The essay should be no more than 750 words.
- Statement of Intent: Your Personal statement provides us with a more complete picture of each applicant. The statement provides an opportunity for you to present yourself as an individual with unique strengths and skills. We will be looking at your problem-solving and writing skills as well as your interest in Public Health. You should address your career goals and any health-related experience as it applies to public health you may have had (note: you do not have to have public health experience to be considered for this program.)
- These essays can be sent via email to email@example.com