How to Apply to the Certificate of Public Health Program
CNYMPH Master of Public Health applicants must submit both the Central Application Service for Public Health (SOPHAS) application and an Upstate application:
1. Central Application Service for Public Health (SOPHAS) application www.sophas.org
Search forCentral New York Master of Public Health Program
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official College Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Public Health Essay
Upstate University Institutional Code 2547
SOPHAS Code 7770
2. Upstate Supplemental Application
Once your application is received from the Central Application Service for Public Health (SOPHAS), we will email you a Login ID and PIN that will allow you to access our Secondary Application. Please do not create an account on your own from our Admissions Login page, as that will not allow you to access the Secondary Application. The Secondary Application must be submitted to Upstate Medical University no later than June 15. This application is free to complete!
- The program reserves the right to request interviews.
- Additional information may be requested based on individual situations.
- It is the responsibility of each student to confirm that a completed application is on file in the office of Student Admissions.
Current Public Health Certificate Students who wish to apply for the MPH should follow these instructions:
- Go to My Upstate
- Once logged in, click on Under "For Current Upstate Students Only:" you will find "Master of Public Health Internal"
- Will need a screen shot of your current Upstate transcript/grades from MyUpstate sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two Letters of Recommendation from current Public Health and Preventative Medicine Faculty members sent directly to email@example.com or mailed to the admissions office at: SUNY Upstate, 766 Irving Avenue, Syracuse, NY 13210, Attn: Student Admissions
- Essay: In roughly 300 words, explain why you want to move on from the certificate program to the MPH.