Steps to Certification of Your RSS
Prior to the Activity
CONTACT CME OFFICE
- For initial discussion about your plans
- Please note all documentation must be submitted electronically
FILL OUT APPLICATION FORM
- Application and all other supporting documentation MUST be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to the date of the proposed activity
- Application must be turned in electronically
- Partially completed applications will be returned
SUBMIT COMPLETE LIST OF PLANNERS AND SPEAKERS
- All planners and speaker for the year must submit a signed disclosure form with the application
- Disclosure forms are valid for one year from the date of signature
- Disclosure of financial relationships pose potential conflict of interest which must be resolved
- Activity Director must resolve the potential conflict by taking action and filling out the Resolution of Conflict portion of the disclosure form at the bottom, if applicable
- Review ACCME Standards for Commercial Support
SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR EVALUATION TOOL
- It is required that each educational activity be evaluated
- Evaluation tools must be approved by the CME Office
APPLYING FOR GRANTS (review ACCME Standards for Commercial Support )
- A Letter of Agreement must be signed by the grantor and CME Office prior to the date of the activity
- Contact the CME Office for further discussions prior to initiating action for commercial support
THE CME OFFICE WILL REVIEW AND APPROVE YOUR ACTIVITY WITHIN 7 BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE DATE ALL DOCUMENTATION IS RECEIVED.
SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AFTER EACH MEETING
- Copy of flyer - must include the following elements (see sample)
- title, date, location, time
- target audience
- learning objectives
- faculty and planner disclosures (if financial relationships exist, the name of the financial interest and the nature of the relationship must be listed…if no financial relationships exist, this must also be state)
- acknowledgment of commercial support, if applicable
- disclosure policy
- ADA statement
- accreditation/designation statement (wording must be exact as follows – trademark must be either in italics or bolded)
If directly sponsored:
UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of
(insert # of credits offered) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
If jointly sponsored:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of UPSTATE Medical University and (insert name of joint sponsor). UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of (insert # of credits offered)AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Attendance log - electronic copy submitted on forms provided by the CME Office
- Disclosure forms for any new or outsides speakers
- Evaluation summary at the agreed upon intervals (you may elect to have the CME Office tabulate your evaluations for an additional fee)
- Copies of commercial support checks, if applicable
- Final expense report due in December of each year
PLEASE NOTE: ALL required documentation must be submitted on a monthly basis. Any meeting for which proper documentation is not received or for which documentation is incomplete or insufficient will not receive credit.