Writing Resource Center
The Upstate Writing Resource Center is a free resource available to students who need extra help with any step of the writing process, such as planning or revising writing assignments. The center offers face-to-face tutoring hours on campus in Silverman Hall, as well as online tutoring for those who can't come to campus or for those who need after-hours help through the use of the Zoom video chat program.
Directions for Setting Up an Appointment:
- Click on the link below and fill out the form to start your request for a meeting with the Writing Center:
Appointment Request Form
- Next, email an instructor to set up a time for your tutoring appointment. (See instructor emails and schedule below.)
Note: Just filling out the form won’t schedule an appointment. You need to complete both steps.
- Before your appointment, email the following to your Writing Center tutor:
- your most recent draft
- a copy of the instructor’s assignment
For online appointments, you will need a webcam and audio (headset or mic). Use Firefox or Chrome to visit the Zoom website for your appointment. To meet online using a mobile device, download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app available for iPad, iPhone, or Android devices.
Faculty Office Hours, Fall 2018
|4:00 – 6:00||
3:00 – 4:00
10:00 – 12:00
|2:30 – 4:30||
Mon – Fri, 5:00 – 8:00 (for Zoom conferencing)
|12:30 – 3:30|
Assignment must be submitted in advance of your scheduled appointment
- 5 pages or less, 2 days prior to your appointment
- 6 – 10 pages, 3 days prior to your appointment
- 11 – 20 pages, 4 days prior to your appointment
- over 20 pages, 5 days prior to your appointment
Appointments may be scheduled up to December 17, 2018, which is the last day of exam week for the Fall 2018 semester.
Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab)