Health Care Experience Hours
The rationale behind the health care experience is that candidates realize the challenges involved in the delivery of health care and demonstrate one's commitment to delivering health care.
This list is not all inclusive. Please contact the Office of Student Admissions with any questions.
Documentation of 1000 hours will be required prior to matriculation.
- Military corpsmen or medic
- Nursing (ex. certified nurse assistant, nurses aide, RN, home health care aide)
- EMT's employed full time (active hours only for EMT volunteers)
- Massage Therapist
- Radiation Therapist
- Respiratory Therapist
- X-Ray Technologist
- Medical Imaging
- Clinical Counselor
- Medical Assistant (with direct patient care)
- Physical Therapist or PT aide
- Athletic Trainer
- New Visions
- Medical Scribe
- Volunteer Experience (with direct patient care)
Acceptable: Shadowing a health care professional (200 hours maximum)
- Pharmaceutical Sales with patient contact
- Health related research (will be reviewed on an individual basis)
- Pharmacy Technician (100 hours maximum).
- Veterinary Technician