Prerequisite Courses: Physician Assistant
|General Biology I & II with lab
|Anatomy & Physiology I & II with lab or one semester of Anatomy with lab and a semester of Physiology with lab
|General Chemistry I & II with lab|
|Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry with lab
|Microbiology with lab
|Medical Terminology (0-3 credits)*
|Behavioral or Social Science (2 courses from the list below are required)|
- One biology and one chemistry course need to be taken within 5 years of matriculation into the PA program.
- Students must complete all courses in the curriculum at SUNY Upstate. Credit from other PA programs will not be accepted.
- All science courses with the exception of Genetics, are required to have labs.
- Acceptable grades must be C or better.
- Accepted applicants must meet Technical Standards for Physician Assistant Studies.
*Medical Terminology does not have to be taken for college credit. Most students take an on line course from universalclass.com
A course equivalency guide for the College of Health Professions pre-requisites is available online. Please note that applicants are not required to attend any of the colleges listed on the guide. Prospective students will questions about pre-requisites should e-mail Student Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org .