These are the goals of the Physician Assistant Program:
- Successfully educate professional, competent, and compassionate health care providers who work collaboratively with physicians to educate, evaluate and treat members of their community
- Provide a strong and rich didactic curriculum that prepares the physician assistant student for the clinical practice of medicine
- Provide clinically relevant preceptorships that offer physician assistant students the opportunity to practice medicine in a supervised setting
- Promote critical interpretation of applied professional research as well as utilization of evidence based medical literature to formulate patient management plans.
- Foster a commitment to continuous learning
- Encourage and provide community service to further exemplify the integral role that physician assistants demonstrate in the health care setting