"This profession will enable me to be on the front line in the effort to identify the root causes of diseases and come up with solutions to help relieve society's illnesses," Rakibou said.
Paul R Johnson, PhD, MBA, MT(ASCP)
- Assistant Professor of CHP-Clinical Laboratory Science
Education & Fellowships
- PhD: University of Louisville, 2011, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology
- MBA: University of Illinois at Chicago, 2004
Specialties & Certification
- Medical Technology (MT) (ASCP)
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
- Wu R, Kausar H, Johnson P, Montoya-Durango DE, Merchant M, Rane MJ. Hsp27 regulates Akt activation and polymorphonuclear leukocyte apoptosis by scaffolding MK2 to Akt signal complex. J. Biol. Chem. 2007; 282(30):21598-608.
- Johnson PR. Down-regulation of bile acid synthesis and a metabolic co-activator under hypoxic conditions - implications in obstructive sleep apnea. Med Hypotheses. 2008;71(4):530-536.
- El Haibi CP, Sharma PK, Singh R, Johnson PR, Suttles J, Singh S, Lillard JW Jr. PI3Kp110-, Src-, FAK-dependent and DOCK2-independent migration and invasion of CXCL13-stimulated prostate cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2010 Apr 22;9(1):85.