Friday, March 29, 2013
Save the Dates:
Friday, May 31, 2013
Friday, June 28, 2013
Announcing the 2nd Annual Global Health Research Forum
Friday, April 26, 2013
Advances in Dengue Research
About the Center
The Center for Global Health and Translational Science is a research center focused on diseases of the developing world. It incorporates the efforts and programs of both basic science researchers and clinical investigators across the entire continuum of translational research. This Center has partnerships with industry, academic institutions, and philanthropists; raises research funds; conducts novel research and develops new diagnostics, drugs, and vaccines.
The mission of the Center for Global Health and Translational Science is to execute directed translational research to develop products for the greatest challenges of global health - tropical diseases and cancers.
Promote healthcare services and research while maintaining the following standards:
- The right of all people to enjoy the best health possible while maintaining their dignity.
- Global access to health care.
- Comprehensive understanding of the conditions that affect health globally.
- Provide an integrated approach to health in teaching, research, and practice.
- Foster an environment of critical thinking, reciprocity in teaching and learning.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, transparency, integrity and generosity.
The focus of the Center is development of animal models, drugs, diagnostics and vaccines for global health diseases and emerging pathogens. The translational research continuum includes discovery research, pre-clinical laboratory studies, animal studies and regulated human use trials.
- Increase understanding of global health issues locally as well as the broader national and international community.
- Generate a new fund of knowledge regarding global health issues.
- Effect positive impacts on the current state of global health, working with national and international partnerships.
- Impact multiple levels of health care professionals, such as Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists.