About the Heart & Vascular Center
Upstate's state-of-the-art Heart & Vascular Center (HVC) features a variety of cardiovascular services that were previously located in several locations throughout the hospital.
- The HVC consolidates invasive and non-invasive cardiovascular diagnostic testing into one cohesive and attractive space while integrating data management systems for maximum efficiency.
- An endovascular imaging suite will accommodate peripheral* and hybrid** vascular and cardiac procedures and joins the new digital-based cardiac "cath" lab
- A new and unique-to-Central New York Stereotaxis magnetic navigation system
- Expanded echocardiography capabilities that offer 3D and 4D imaging and reconstruction of various heart
- Cardiac computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging capabilities have also been expanded
- The Center features an 8-bed recovery area and family and patient education, consultation and waiting rooms, and, of course, modern aesthetics.
The Heart & Vascular Center is both a physical space, as noted above, and the umbrella term for all of Upstate's cardiovascular services...whether they're located at University Hospital or in one of our outpatient centers in Syracuse and Central New York.
* procedures on peripheral arteries that lead to the heart or other organs
** a combination of invasive and non-invasive procedures