These resources are intended to provide general support information about Blood Stem/Bone Marrow Transplantation.
General & Support
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) provides a booklet that contains information for patients and their families about blood and/or marrow stem cell transplantation for the treatment of leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma and other cancer of the blood and marrow. The booklet is called Blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplantation.
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) provides a fact sheet that explains the step-by-step procedures of transplantation using high-dose chemotherapy. The sheet is called Bone Marrow Transplantation and Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplantation.
- National Bone Marrow Transplant (NBMT) has a book for BMT caregivers entitled Caregivers’ Guide for Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant—Practical Perspectives.
- NBMTLink has a book that gives an overview of the transplant process entitled Guide to Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant.
- NBMTLink has a book that gives information from former transplant patients about their process entitled Survivorship Guide for Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant.
- Blood & Marrow Transplant Information Network
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- International Myeloma Foundation
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF)
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- American Cancer Society (ACS)
- National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP)
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)
- Center for International Blood & Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR)
- National Bone Marrow Transplant Link (nbmtLINK)
- American Society for Blood & Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT)
- The Bone Marrow Foundation
- Cancer Care
Clinical Trials Links
- Clinical Trials.gov
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network (BMT CTN)
- Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB)
- Sarah House offering low cost overnight accommodations to family and patients
- Upstate Medical University: Directions
- Trip advisor: Syracuse Hotels, area information regarding hotels, restaurants, etc.