Reduce your risk of developing oral cavity, throat, nasal, or paranasal sinus cancer with these tips. It is important to remember that not everyone with these risk factors develop cancer. However, you should discuss them with your doctor if you have any questions or concerns.
- Avoid tobacco in all forms
- Drink alcohol in moderation
- Wear a face mask to prevent inhalation of hazardous dusts and fumes
- Be sure that air is properly filtered in an industrial workplace.
- Use protection during any sexual contact
- Thoroughly clean dentures daily and have them evaluated by a dentist
- Limit sun exposure; wear a lip balm with sunscreen
- Eat a well-rounded, healthy diet