What We Do
Karl Schindler - Co-Chair Mystery, Malt & Merlot - presents a check for $25,000 to William Pelley Transplant Administrator, UMU.
Current Activities Include:
- Sponsoring hospital blood drives. With our volunteer support, we have met or surpassed our goals at each quarterly drive
- Sponsoring blood pressure screenings at local grocery stores.
- Creating special events on select patient units as a diversion for patients and family members.
- Providing periodic educational opportunities for our members and others in the community through our partnership with HealthLink
Our 2013-2014 Activities included:
- Sponsoring hospital blood drives. With our volunteer support, we have continually surpassed our collection goals at the quarterly drives
- Awarding grants valued at over $120,000 to both Upstate campuses which will help to educate staff and provide patient services
- Completed a financial pledge of $150,000 to the Upstate Cancer Center
- Donated $25,000 to the Upstate Transplant Donor Network – key recipient of the 16thAnnial Mystery Malt and Merlot
- $36,000 budgeted for scholarships given to active volunteers & active employees who are pursuing studies in an accredited institution in any health-related field
In order to complete this ambitious agenda, funds were generated thru several means:
- Commission from contracts for hospital services – Tim Hortons, Express Oasis, Lori’s Gift Shop, TeleHealth (patient TV and telephones), vending machines and baby photographs
- Fall Swing Golf Tournament
- Our signature event, Mystery, Malt and Merlot
- Ever- evolving activities by our Fund Development and Service Committees
- YOUR ongoing support through membership dues and donations
- Lori's gifts can now be ordered online at:
|Downtown Campus: Order Gifts Online|
|Community Campus: Order Gifts Online|