What We Do
Presenting $10,000 check from our golf tournament proceeds to the Jim & DeDe Walsh Family Birth Center
Current Activities Include:
- Sponsoring hospital blood drives. With our volunteer support, we have met or surpassed our goals at each quarterly drive
- Sponsoring blood pressure screenings at local grocery stores.
- Creating special events on select patient units as a diversion for patients and family members.
- Providing periodic educational opportunities for our members and others in the community through our partnership with HealthLink
- In 2013-14, awarding 60 grants totaling $120,000 to Upstate Medical University and its campuses, helping to educate patients and families and make their hospital stay more comfortable
- Donated $10,000 from our golf tournament proceeds to the Jim & DeDe Walsh Family Birth Center.
- Paid off our $150,000 pledge to the Cancer Center 7 years early. Presented check for $90,000 at The Advocates holiday lunch to Paul Seale.
- Donating $25,000 to the Upstate Poison Center - key recipient of our 15th annual Mystery, Malt & Merlot
In order to do this, funds are generated through several means:
- Commission from contracts for hospital services – Tim Hortons, EspressOasis, Lori’s Gift Shop, TeleHealth (patient TVs and telephones), vending machines, baby photographs
- Fall Swing Golf Tournament
- Our signature event, Mystery, Malt and Merlot - April 4, 2014
- Ever-evolving activities by our Fund Development & Service Committees