Programs and Services
The Accelerator offers more than the newest biotech lab and office space. As an accelerator it's program fosters entrepreneurial ideas—from the company's early stage of formation through commercialization.
Clients receive essential support within the accelerator setting to keep their company running smoothly, including:
- Discounted rates for professional services that are pertinent to running a business such as: attorneys, accountants, insurance, human resources and relocation services
- Discounts for use of core facilities and relevant technologies
- Reception services during business hours
- Access to clerical support
- Enhanced phone service
- Cleaning and grounds maintenance
- Security for both physical and intellectual property In addition to modern lab and share common space spaces, companies enjoy:
- Interactive conference room
- Secure 24/7 building access
- Convenient parking at building
Business Development SupportThe Accelerator is committed to providing a program that helps companies succeed in the combined biotechnology and entrepreneurial environment. Specifically, the Accelerator will:
- Forge client connections with well-funded researchers and faculty;
- Seek to match clients with experienced entrepreneurs and business mentors;
- Access to researchers, biologists, chemists and other scientists;
- Immediate proximity to patient care centers, clinicians and medical faculty.
- Business development counsel from experts;
- Advisement for grant writing and development;
- On-site meetings with invited speakers to Upstate's entrepreneurship lecture series;
- Full, free access to the intellectual life of the universities, including invitations to events, lectures, and library and journal services.